Sunday, March 6, 2011

Home again

Had an uneventful trip home.  The plane was crowded, which surprised me, but of course it was a Saturday.  I find the trip back to the US feels very long and boring, so this time I decided to watch some of the films that are available.  The main problem with these films (other than my having to figure out just how to get the one I wanted) is that the screens are very small and it's hard to see what is going on in night scenes.  I had trouble that way with "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows".  Luckily I've read the book, although I was several years ago, so I was able to follow the action.  The other film I watched was "Unstoppable' (I think that is the right name)  It's about a runaway train and is a real action flick.  I thoroughly enjoyed it.  While I was watching the speeding trains, the airplane ran into some turbulence, which fit perfectly into the scenes on the screen!  There isn't much to the plot, but there are lots of trains (for railroad buffs) and emergency equipment with sirens blaring. A couple of car chasing train scenes.  The perfect action film!

 
I got home around 5 and managed to get unpacked and stuff put away before I collapsed into my recliner.  I managed to stay up, more or less, until 10 PM.  However, I think I was asleep in the chair for the last hour.  Of course, this AM I woke up early - VERY EARLY - 3:30 AM.  I tried to get back to sleep, but finally at 5 I gave up and got up.  I will be very tired tonight.  It was odd coming back to warm weather here in Maryland.  When I left England, the spring flowers and trees were in bloom, but it was COLD.  Here, it is warm, but the the daffodils aren't in bloom, nor are the flowering trees.  I think I have a couple of photos of flowers and trees on Kate's street.  If I can find them,  I'll post them here.

3 comments:

Deb D said...

the red maple is beautiful - glad you are home - long trip, Grandma!

Pat said...

Welcome home! I saw one tree yesterday with pink blossoms starting to show on it. I've had more than enough of winter......I need spring!!!

mumzy said...

It is good to see you have arrived home safe and sound. Your weather sounds a lot warmer than here although, yesterday and today, it has warmed up enough to heavy rains and therefore, melting the 5 feet of snow we had.