Wednesday, March 23, 2011

nice day for a walk

Yesterday, I walked around Lake Elkhorn, after eating a bag lunch on the water's edge.  It was sunny and cool - perfect weather for walking.  As I usually do there, I counted the turtles I saw sunning themselves on logs in the lake.  I think it was a new record - 16!  One very little guy had trouble staying on his small stick.  He climbed up, the stick turned and back into the water he went.  However, he persevered and finally got up there to stay.  It's odd that all the turtles are only on one side of the lake.  I don't know if it's because at noon, that side has more sun or some other reason.  I've never seen any as I walk around the other side.

No 'signs of spring' photos to post today.  I need to remember to take my camera with me everywhere I go, so I can get some.  However, I do have a photo of four masks that were completed recently.  I have run out of places to hang them, so I guess they'll go into a box, downstairs.  I hope to sell some of them this year.  Gotta do that or stop making them!

2 comments:

Pat said...

It would be fun to see those turtles. It's nice that spring is coming back here, but other parts of the country are still getting some nasty wintry stuff...I hope it stays away from here!

mumzy said...

I love to see turtles, I find them so interesting. Sounds like you had a nice walk.