Monday, February 16, 2009

Pictures after all

My brilliant daughter has figured out how to put my photos on her computer - using the memory card from my camera. (This would not work on her old computer or on mine, but does on her new one.) So here are a few photos from my excursion on Friday. I took a number of photos of just the heads of the statues in the sculpture hall because faces are what I am interested in. I make ceramic 'masks' or faces and many of my ideas come from pictures. It was amusing to note that the heroic men were carrying swords, shields and sometimes helmets, but were otherwise stark naked! Pretty risky battle behavior, I think. So here (on the left) is a lovely lady, who is actually dressed.


This group of figures(to the right) is interesting to me because there is a mask in the grouping.

On the left is a glass vase that I admired.


Some other glass pieces that I particularly liked are below
As you can see, I like glass pieces that resemble pottery. I guess that's because I'm a potter.







I loved this bull, isn't he gorgeous? And next to the bull is an actual piece of pottery from the Islamic display section of the museum.

As you can tell, I'm still having trouble putting my photos where I want them on the blog. Kate has figured out what some of my problems are, but you will just have to put up with too much blank space in places.

3 comments:

Pat said...

Oh....MY favorite is the glass piece with the cat faces. I clicked and enlarged that one and it's GREAT. I'm glad Kate helped you to show us some photos. (Thanks, Kate!)

mumzy said...

My, some really interesting pieces in that museum. Love the vase and I can see where you would like the statues (with mask). That bull is gorgeous, would love to see it in person.

Kathy said...

I loved the piece with the cat faces too. When I looked at the photos enlarged, I realized that the bull probably is metal - not glass. I can't remember where that was in the museum.
Kathy