Thursday, February 5, 2009

the world of blogging is amazing

I just discovered something quite interesting and surprising (at least to me). I was reading my profile and discovered that from there I could find MANY other bloggers who might have something in common with me. Probably all of you who are long-time bloggers already know about this. What I did was to click on the active links that had been automatically created in my profile. I tried 'retired' and found that there are over 28,000 retired bloggers. Not surprising, as I suspect retired folks have more time to blog. On the other hand, it means that there are many computer users in the older generation. We are not all dinosaurs! I also tried my home, Laurel, MD. That was the surprise - 498 bloggers in Laurel. I flipped through the first 150 entries, just looking to see what kind of f0lks were blogging. Not much information available on many, but I did find one other retired woman about my age. Her blogs are very interesting and I'll start reading them, when I get back from England. She and I have some things in common, so who knows? We might become friends. I already have a couple of women whom I consider my friends, although we have never met except online. You can never have too many friends. Take care friends and stay warm! (It's 15F this morning here on the East Coast.)

2 comments:

Pat said...

I just discovered that recently myself......Blogland is surely an amazing place!!! It is cold here, too, and we woke up to some snow...unexpected snow. UGH....enough, already. I need spring....this winter has been much more severe here than usual (and I know in other places, too).

mumzy said...

It is amazing how many retired people are knowledgeable about computers. It is great. I did not want anything to do with computers for the first few years of my retirement as I had to use one in my work and I was really tired of it.

Yes, we are in the deep freeze AGAIN. Sunny today, though!

Have a great day!