Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Fabric and ceramics photos


Nothing much has been happening lately, but I have some photos to share. Today, at pottery class, I spend the entire 2 hours reorganizing the many, many items which had been taken off the old shelves and needed to go back onto the new shelves. I volunteered for this job because it had been driving me crazy that there was no proper place for brushes, tools, slip, molds, colored clay, etc., etc. When our teacher mentioned that there used to be someone who kept the supply room in order, I decided that I would take a crack at it. Of course, I know that it won't last. In a few weeks, things will be all every-which-way again. I know this because, at the studio where I teach, I sort and straighten about once every couple of months and the order hardly lasts a week! I sometimes think that most truly creative people (at least in ceramics) are not organized. Maybe the artistic mind doesn't function in an orderly fashion. It takes those of us who are only mildly creative to keep things in order.

Above is a photo of the two pillows that I started (with Kate's help) while I was in England. They are finally stuffed and sewn up and on my sofa! The photos below are of some recent ceramic pieces that I made.










3 comments:

mumzy said...

The patterns of the pillows you made are really what you could use in a quilt. You just have to make more of the same squares and sew them together and voila, you have a quilt top. Nice colours too.

Your pottery is very nice too, especially the blue bowl. Looks like you put a lot of work in that particular one.

Pat said...

Love these things you showed us in the photos. Good for you for volunteering to keep things tidy in the pottery studio. Maybe you can tidy up my sewing room?? (THAT won't stay neat, either, after you do it!)

quiltingnana said...

your pottery is great!! So talented