Thursday, March 5, 2009

Home again



Here I am, back home after an uneventful flight. My luggage came with me this time!
I got home Tuesday night to find that my lovely neighbors had shoveled my sidewalks. How nice of them! It was a good thing, too, as we still had about 6 inches of snow. It's been melting ever since, and will probably be gone by Sunday, as temps in the 60s are expected on Saturday. The squirrel in the left photo is eating sunflower seeds that I put out for the birds. Squirrels have to eat too, although usually I try not to feed them. It will take the birds another day or so to find that my feeders are full again. You can see that the snow is still pretty deep on my deck. Perhaps tomorrow I will get it cleared off, or perhaps I will wait for the sun to do it!
The photo on the right shows my amaryllis in full bloom. It was budded when I left and I figured it would be finished before I returned. Lucky me - it is at peak right now. It has FOUR blooms on the single stalk! It's nice to have something in bloom when everything outside is brown and/or covered with snow. I have to admit that I bought three bunches of daffodils yesterday at the supermarket, so I have a lovely bright yellow bouquet in the kitchen. It reminds me that spring is just around the corner.
Today is my day to work at the hospital gift shop, so I must get going.

2 comments:

quiltingnana said...

that amaryllis is absolutely gorgeous

Pat said...

I'm glad you are home safe and sound...and to that beautiful flower, too!