Sunday, March 15, 2009

the old songs

Last night, I went to Toby's Dinner Theater with some 'old' friends. The show was called 'My Way' and, as you might guess, featured songs that Frank Sinatra had sung. It was a wonderful show! There were only 4 singers, but the choreography was very well done. The voices were very good and they were also good dancers. The songs were presented in little vignettes, rather than having any kind of overall plot for the show. Four of us at our table are singers and we knew just about every song in the show. The audience was invited to sing along and we did, but very softly, so as not to spoil the professional singing. As usual, at Toby's, I ate too much. It's a buffet and I try to just take a tiny serving of my favorites, but somehow I always end up with more food than I need! Luckily, we don't do this very often.

Today is cold and wet again - not dreadful, but not very nice either. All my daffodils are in bloom and the trees are showing a tiny bit of color in their buds, despite the chill. I'm sure we'll get some nice weather - maybe late next week. I'm ready for it!

2 comments:

Pat said...

I am so ready for the weather to be nice and STAY nice (warm temps). This back-and-forth nonsense is not any fun. Nasty here today, too.

mumzy said...

Lucky you to have nice enough weather to have daffodils popping out. Here we still have too much snow on the ground to have flowers peeking out.

It is so easy to overeat when someone else is doing the cooking. Of course, I'm always having to watch my weight as it goes up faster than it comes down.