Tuesday, May 3, 2011

More spring flowers

Another iris is in full bloom.  Also aquilegia aka. Columbine.  The clematis is on the fence in the back yard.  There is supposed to be a purple one out there too.  Hopefully, it's just a late bloomer.  At this point it looks as if the white one has take over the space.

I'll be working outside today, since the weather is so lovely.  First thing is to get the edging done out front.  This is the first house where I have sidewalks to edge.  What a nuisance!  I'll get out back a bit later and plant some annuals in the new (as of last year) flower bed out there.  I just hope it doesn't rain before I finish.  Maybe I'll even get out to Lowe's or Home Depot and check out their annuals. 




















Here is a closeup of the clematis blooming on the fence.   And a shot of the 'woods lily' (not sure of its name).  I've seen these in the woods when I'm walking the trail at the rec center where I teach ceramics.


1 comment:

Pat said...

My iris and clematis still have a ways to go before they bloom. Your flowers look lovely!