Wednesday, May 18, 2011

stuff (which I certainly don't need!)

 I realized this AM that I had not taken photos of some stuff I bought on Saturday while shopping for antiques.  Nor had I taken photos of the latest pottery items, from the Raku firing and from the Tuesday class. So here are a bunch of photos.

These first items are from the Raku firing.  The monster is supposed to be Nessie.  I plan to make a lake for her to sit on.  The mask is not quite as dark as the photo shows.  


 This vase has a beautiful inside and a duller outside.  I should have switched the glazes.  I like it anyway, but if I put anything in it, the inside won't show.  Can't use it for real flowers anyway, as Raku is not water-tight.
 These little glass items are from the antique store we visited on Saturday.  I just couldn't resist that squirrel! 
Finally, here is a little lizard.  I had planned to put him outside, but he has a mended leg, so can't 'live' outside.  Instead he'll have a home near a potted plant in the house.  I have another one in the making and will probably make several more.  They are fun to decorate!

No comments: