Tuesday, May 10, 2011

a walk in the woods




I finally remembered to take my camera with me yesterday when I went to Beltsville.  The trail through the woods has been very scenic these last few weeks.  Many wild flowers blooming.  Of course, I missed the weeks when the woods was covered with tiny pink blossoms. There is a photo of a few remaining.  Also missed getting a photo of the 'woods lily' -but I have two of those at home and have posted a photo recently.  Yesterday, a whole new batch of flowers were in bloom.  The lovely little white flower in the first photo might surprise you.  It's poison ivy!!  The woods are full of it.  I carefully stay on the trail and away from the trees.  Poison ivy climbs right up the trees.  I don't know the names of most of these plants and don't have a wildflower book in which to look them up.  The names aren't really important, except for the poison ivy!  The yellow ones are what I know as buttercups. 

No comments: