Thursday, May 13, 2010

a boring week




The week was boring because I spent most of Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday lying on the couch with a heating pad on my back.  I read two books a day, did several crossword puzzles, read the newspapers and made a few phone calls.  Today, however, I went to the doctor very early (7AM) and got a prescription for a muscle relaxant and some exercises to do to strength my back.  I used to do all those exercises, but it's really boring to exercise alone, so I quit a few years ago.  Guess I'd better go back to them.  Anyway, today the back is better and I can manage the stairs without pulling myself up by the railing.  Hopefully, improvement will continue.  And I will resist any gardening for a few more days!  There are a lot of plants waiting to be put into pots or into the ground, but at least it's been cool and rainy, so they aren't suffering.

Above are a few photos of things I recently made in one of my pottery classes.  The tall object is a rectangular vase.  The mask is a dog of indeterminate breed.  The little dishes are really too small to be very useful - 3 inches in diameter - but they were fun to make and I like the colors.  I have no idea what I will do with them.

1 comment:

Deb D said...

I like the little dishes also! cute