Monday, May 17, 2010

rainy weather

This will be quick, with no photos, because I have to leave in 15 minutes to head over to Church for a Council meeting.  We meet once a month.  I'm still not sure how the system works, but I guess I'll get used to it after a few more meetings.  I really don't want to go out tonight.  I'm tired and on rainy nights, I just want to stay home.  However, duty calls. 

We are supposed to have more rain tomorrow and Wednesday.  Then Thursday, of course, it will be warm and sunny.  I knew that would happen, as I will be working inside all day.  Oh well, at least I won't be able to go back to digging in the garden and messing up my back again.  If the weather is nice, the temptation to just dig a few holes will be irrestible.  So I guess it's a good thing it will be rainy on the days when I have free time at home.

I bought local strawberries today.  They are delicious, especially on top of pound cake and topped with whipped cream.  Mmmmmm good. 

Today was a good day for mail too.  Last Saturday, I got 6 letters asking me for money.  Six in one day!  I know that I have never given to three of them.  Probably won't give to the others, either.  Tonight, as I was fixing dinner, someone phoned to ask for money.  I'd never heard of the organization, so I turned her down.  Where do they get my name?  However, today's mail was great - two personal letters!  That almost never happens.  Of course, now I owe my brother Jack and my friend Bonnie letters in return.  But it is great to hear from family and friends.  I really prefer letters (or email) to phone calls, but I"ll stay in touch however I can.

I have to stop now and get ready to head off to church.  I hope I wasn't supposed to do anything for this meeting, because I didn't do anything.  Guess I'll soon find out.

1 comment:

Pat said...

Dreary here, too...and for the next few days.