Monday, May 10, 2010

Oh my aching back!

I really messed my back up yesterday.  I had felt fine on Saturday, so thought I could do a bit of gardening Sunday.  On the way home from church I stopped at Home Depot and bought two small bags of potting soil and, of course, a few more plants.  Naturally, I couldn't resist trying to get them planted into pots for the deck.  I dumped out the old dirt and carried it down to where I am trying to level off the flower bed.  I had just gotten to the point where I would fill the pots with new potting soil, when I got a sharp pain in my back.  I quit right away, but it was too late.   As a result, I spent the rest of the day and the evening and most of this AM flat on my back.  As soon as I finish this blog, I am going to lie back down on the couch with the heating pad.  Nothing hurts when I lie down, but getting up is another story.  However, I am better this afternoon - I can walk around slowly.  It's my own fault, of course.  I knew I should have waited another few days, but I was so eager to get those plants into pots and get the deck arranged for the summer.  Maybe by next weekend.....

I have to tell you this, cause I think it's really funny.   As I was editing this entry, an ad popped up on the screen.  It said something like, "Get rid of sciatic pain in one week!  Contact us at ....."  Was this just a coincidence or does some computer somewhere read the blogs, find key words and provide appropriate ads?  I will not be contacting them, however, as my pain is usually gone in less than a week all by itself!

1 comment:

Deb D said...

OOOO, sorry about your back. Glad that it goes away with rest.