Friday, May 28, 2010

It rained last night, accompanied by thunder and lightning and a very bried power outing.  This AM I was wondering why my answering machine was blinking.  When I activated it, this very strange voice came on and said, "Time and derring not set.  You have no messages."  I'm not kidding, that is exactly the way it sounded.  When I first got the machine, I got this message all the time.  Finally I figured out what it was saying - the work is day, not derring.  I do wonder what language the voice usually speaks - not English, I think!

Anyway, we needed the rain.  My gutters were cleaned yesterday, just in time.  They flushed out a bunch of leaves and dirt and left it in a bag for the trash pickup.  The rain was NOT accompanied by hail, as they had threatened, so all my flowers are looking good.  I have only two more pots to fill, but they are hanging baskets, so I will have to buy more plants.  Gee, too bad, HAVE to buy more plants!  What a hardship!!

I'll be off line for a few days, but will be back in business next week.  Hope everyone enjoys the long weekend and that the weather is good.  It will be lovely here, although getting hot again by Monday.

We often forget that Memorial Day is not just a holiday.  It's a day when we remember our military people who gave their lives for our country.  I willl be thinking those who are currently serving in war zones, as well. 

1 comment:

mumzy said...

You should be called the plant lady. All the pictures you have put on have been beautiful, so obviously you have a green thumb.
Have a great Memorial Day Weekend.