Monday, January 12, 2009

Back to normal, whatever that is

Nothing very exciting happening to me since my last blog. I did drive to the supermarket and the drug store and the paint store on Friday. Spent lots of money, but then I had pretty much cleaned out my freezer and fridge during the car-less week, so I really needed to restock. The stop at the paint store was to pick up some color strips. I am going to repaint my kitchen this month. It's been pale blue for 7 years now and it's time for a change. (Also it's looking a bit shabby.) I change the colors on my walls fairly often, as I get bored with the same colors. The accent colors in the kitchen are bright red and dark blue, I have oak cabinets, and the appliances are 'almond'. So I don't have a lot of choice in wall colors. I think I will go with a beige, somewhat warmer and darker than the appliance color. I'm going to think about it for a few more days and then buy the paint and start! I really enjoy painting, but I surely don't enjoy moving furniture, including in this case, the fridge and a very large hutch, and I hate washing and patching the walls in preparation for the paint. Still the result will be worth it.

So far this winter, we have escaped bad weather. Today is cold, but sunny. However, the weather people are threatening us with nasty, cold weather later in the week. Sooner or later we'll get some ice, snow or sleet. (With my luck, that will happen in February on the day I am flying to England to visit Kate and family!) However, usually on bad weather days, I am just glad that I am retired and don't have to drive to work. Of course, I do have to get to various classes and volunteer activities, but at least I don't have to drive in rush hour traffic which will be all snarled up by the slippery roads.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Hello Kathy!
Thanks for visiting my blog today and for your comments.
I agree with you about the painting - it's a lot of work but definitely worth it. I hope you're happy with the results.

Take care,
Rachel

mumzy said...

Hi Kathy:
I'm glad you enjoy painting. I don't so DH does it all and he does a much better job than me. Hope your weather holds out until your flight to visit Kate.

Sounds like things are getting back to normal for you so will probably visit your blog more often.

Don't work too hard and have a great day!

Local foods, families, and community fun! said...

Here's my comment back from your comment that I accidentally posted to my own blog. Minus 22 F. this a.m., but if Kate's kids ever hope to see REAL snow, they'll have to visit. Here's my old message: I've new snow tires, and am addicted to junk TV (to eat by), so my 3.5 stations will be missed. Oh well...when I make my first million, I'll get one of those new-fangled TV's and play movies. Take care.
D.

PS. Do you have an email for Deb, Pete, etc.?