Friday, January 2, 2009

a different look




Here, on the right, is a photo of where the Christmas tree resided for the last month. It looks really different now and blessedly stripped down. I love Christmas, but I can only stand all the color and sparkle for so long and then I want a much simpler look. The pottery on the table, except for the cat, is part of my every increasing collection of things I have made. (The smaller pitcher was made by Kate years ago when she was also playing with clay.) In the chair, you can see a bit of a lap quilt that Kate made for me years ago. It's my favorite (she has made several for me) as it is very soft and the colors go nicely in the room. The photo on the left shows some of the same pictures that were hung on that wall for Christmas. However, the masks have now replaced some cute little snowmen and a Holiday wall hanging. Again, the pottery on the table is a mix of my creations and things I just couldn't resist buying. The white bowl resting on its side and the black bowl with the handle are purchased items. The photos in the tall frame are some I took around the neighborhood a few years ago when we had some snow.
Today is laundry day - real exciting. I really should run the vacuum cleaner to get the bits of silvery glitter that stick to everything after the tree and decorations are gone. I may still find one more ornament hidden away among the house plants or in some odd place, but mostly the house is back to normal. Thank goodness.


No comments: