Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Finished!

I have finally finished the kitchen - freshly painted, tops of cabinets cleaned, stuff put back on tops, on counter, and on walls! Frankly, the painting itself was the least of the work. Here are some before and after photos. The photo on the left is before I started painting. I haven't even gotten all the stuff off the counters at this point. The next photo shows the same area after painting, with the stuff back on the counter.

The photo on the lower right shows the piles of stuff I took off the counters, so that I could stand on them to paint. Notice the freshly painted walls. The middle photo is of the longest wall in the kitchen, now filled with antique kitchen utensils and other stuff I enjoy looking at every day. (There is even room for a few more items if I find something irresistable the next time I go antiquing.) The photo on the right shows the coat closet which is between the dining and living room areas. Of the tiles hanging on the left side of the closet, only the second from the top is one I made. (I wish I were good enough to have made those others.)

Today we are actually getting some snow. It's drifting down slowly in very fine flakes. So far we have perhaps an inch. We may get as much as 4 inches by evening. However, tonight or tomorrow it will turn to rain, then ice and be a real mess! I don't have to drive anywhere today or tomorrow, lucky for me. Perhaps by Thursday, when I have a volunteer day at the local hospital, the roads will be okay again. Meanwhile, I'll stay home and sort through the piles of clippings and papers that I had stacked on either side of the computer. Hopefully, throw most of it away, or at least figure out a better way to keep them. I'm good at organizing stuff, but not very good at throwing it away! Wish me luck.








1 comment:

Pat said...

I like the new look......fresh and clean-looking. I know the feeling about the paperwork and other stuff....it kind of GROWS and I can never seem to keep ahead of it.