Thursday, August 6, 2009

Back home in Maryland




I arrived home yesterday evening and managed to get unpacked before I collapsed into bed at 8. Of course, this AM I got up at 4 - wide awake. I'll crash this afternoon, I imagine. It's good to be home and the weather is cool and drizzly this AM - rather like Scotland. I like it.

While I was at Kate's I finished the bag from the class here in Maryland. (Pictured above) I had done the piecing , added the border and make the straps, but needed to put the lining in and attach the straps. Kate walked me through that process. I hope I can remember how I did it, if I decide to make another bag.

The other photo is an old sieve that I found in an antique store near where we stayed in Scotland. I've never seen a store so crammed with stuff. There were a few narrow aisles where customers could move about, but otherwise the place was packed floor to ceiling with items. I doubt the owners could locate or identify half of them.
I have more photos and words about out trip to Scotland, but at the moment, I can't access them. I wrote a diary on Kate's computer which uses Office 2000. I only have Microsoft Word something or other - much earlier version. I'm hoping Kate can send me the documents, saved in an older version of MS Word. If and when this happens, I will post the rest of chat about the trip.
Meanwhile, if you want to see photos, organized and labeled visit my pages on flickr. http://www.flickr.com/photos/kathydillard.

No comments: