Monday, August 31, 2009

fall at last?

Fall came in last night with temperatures in the 60s!! This AM, it is still cool. I am wearing long pants (light weight ones) and a long-sleeved shirt. First time I have need to cover my arms since leaving England. It's wonderful! I was going to take advantage of the cool and cut my grass this AM, but someone (probably the teenager next door or his parents) cut it for me yesterday evening while I was at the theatre. I have such nice neighbors!

Saw Oklahoma! last night. Despite a huge, free, rock concert going on near the theatre, I was able to get there easily and park. The dinner theatre has it's own parking lot, which they saved for those attending. The show is an oldie, but goodie. The men singing Curly and Jed have marvelous voices. And the young woman singing Laurie has this magical floating soprano. She was hitting high notes all night long, making it seem effortless. This was closing night for the show, so perhaps the performers were singing and dancing their hearts out. I know that in the little theater group I sing with, we always put out our best for closing night.

Nothing exciting planned for today. Grocery shopping and maybe picking up some paint for the front door and the powder room. More likely, I'll just get paint chips today, as I have not yet picked a color for the powder room. Fall is a good time to paint, as one can open the house to air out the paint fumes, without letting in too much humidity and heat.

I was just wondering if I had any photos to put up on this blog and remembered that I have a newly finished mask. This one was a long time in the making, as the snakes in the hair kept breaking off. Last week, finally, it was fired with all snakes intact. You've no doubt guessed that it is Medusa of Greek myth. So here's the photo. Yeah, I know, I have weird taste when it comes to making masks.

1 comment:

Pat said...

SCARY looking teeth on that mask...that's for sure!!! LOL I'm glad you enjoyed Oklahoma. I was hoping for roof work to proceed today but it was drizzly so we have nothing being done again here today. *sigh*