Monday, August 24, 2009

DSL at last. Hooray!!

Saturday, I spent several hours setting up DSL with Verizon. The problem was that for some reason the old telephone cord connecting the phone to the computer wouldn't work with DSL. Luckily they had sent me a new cord. Unfortunately, the old cord was under the floor molding between the kitchen and living room. Since I cannot get this molding up, the new cord is just stretched alongside the molding, protected with some tape. I am planning to buy a router and go wireless, so the cord issue will no longer exist. I LOVE the speed of working on the Internet. However, my computer is still very slow, so using it is still sometimes frustrating. A new computer is in the future - maybe this fall.

This morning, I have been trying to change my email address with Google and Blogger. I can't figure out how to do this. Nothing I could find on the help pages tells me how to do this. At the moment, my old email is valid, but I will be having it cancelled today. I don't know how this will affect Google and Blogger. I guess I will find out.

The weather has really improved as of last night. It is cool outside. I'm going outside soon to transplant some new purchases. Did I mention that we went to Benke's Nursery, Friday evening? I knew it would be a mistake, but went anyway. I have very low resistance when it comes to plants. They had a good sale - at least 20 percent off of everything. I bought 6 mums, two lilies, and a couple of other interesting plants. Now all I have to do is find a spot to plant them. This is not as easy as it sounds in my yard!

The Berwyn Book Club (from my former church) had its annual picnic yesterday. We did not get rained out and the weather was fairly comfortable. The Murrays, who host this event each year, have a backyard with large trees, so the deck is in the shade. As usual, the food was good and we got caught up with what had been happening to each of us during the summer. The Murrays have a wonderful garden with many shrubs and flowers and a large vegetable garden. They had squash vines that were like my gourd vine - very sprawly with huge leaves. There were three or four kinds of beans, various tomatoes, mild and hot peppers, and more. They have several acres of land and they use it in ways that are both beautiful and practical. It's always a treat to visit there in the summer.

1 comment:

Kate North said...

If you want to change the address to which notifications go in blogger, you go to your blog, click "customise" at the top right of the screen (if you are logged in), then choose the tab for "settings". Once you are in settings, choose the "comments" tab, and at the bottom of that screen, there is a box where you can put in what email address you want comment notifications sent to. Is that what you mean?