Thursday, August 20, 2009

power outage








Wednesday afternoon, the electricity went off. Believe me, you don't want this to happen on a hot day! The basement was cool, but the only light there was coming in from the glass doors that lead to the 'under the deck' area. It's heavy shade, so not much light comes in there. So, I could sit downstairs and be cool, but could not read, watch a DVD or listen to music. Anyway, I soon left for a visit to friends (already planned) and when I returned around 9 PM, the power was back on. (I understand it was off for about 3 hours!) If it had not been restored, I guess I would have called around to find a place with power where I could sleep that night.

I have some photos of my fall arrangements. (See above and below). I like to set up little vignettes on my tables, sometimes using my pottery and/or flowers. I also have photographed the set of wall hangings that Kate made for me several years ago. She and I were at a quilt show where I fell in love with some fabric. She said that she could make me something out of it, so I bought the fabric and later lots of pieces to go with it. I love these little quilts and do enjoy hanging them up, whenever they go with the seasonal decorations.


.

1 comment:

Pat said...

Sorry about your power outage...I know that can be hard when it's either very hot out or very cold....and that's when the power seems to go out the most.