Tuesday, August 11, 2009

goodbye to the little art quilts











Not much happening around here lately. It's hot, hot, hot!!! Today will be 'cooler' - i.e., highs only in the mid-90s. LOL At the moment, I have my house open, but will close it soon, as it's heating up outside.



Here are photos of the pair of little art quilts that I made for the swap that Kate was running. She posted photos of all the quilts on her a special section of her blog, but for those who don't want to look at almost 30 quilts (Actually, I can't imagine who wouldn't want to see them as they are really great!) I am showing just the pair I made. This was my first attempt at making a quilt and I know that I did several things wrong. Next time will be better. I like to incorporate my ceramic skills into my fabric art, so I made the little creatures out of Fimo, except for the red birds. They came from JoAnn's. I will be sending the quilts off to their new owner very soon. And, when it arrives, I will show a photo of the quilt I will get from the swap. I need to find a new challenging fabric art project now. Not sure what it will be. My sewing room is the front bedroom and it is very hot up there, so I may postpone any more sewing until the fall. My ceramics studio is in the blessedly cool basement. Guess I'll spend more time down there for a while.


1 comment:

Pat said...

I LOVE those quilts you made...and the animals are adorable. I think you would be quite capable of taking a favorite photo from your travels and trying to reproduce it in fabric. You have the talent to do that...I'm sure.