Saturday, January 16, 2010

art show




Last night was the reception for the "all hung" art show at Montpelier Arts Center. My friend Lynne and I each had a work of art hung there. mine, pictured above, is entitled "The Old Roue" because when I look at this mask, I see a sly old man who has had many love affairs. He's almost winking to me.


Some mutual friends were there and we enjoyed wandering around and critiquing other people's art. This show was open to anyone in Maryland, Northern Virginia or DC who took something in on a specific day. There were 130 entries! Of course, since it was open to amateurs, some of the works were not of best quality. There were a few items that really appealed to me, but I'm not about to buy more art. My walls are way too full already. Unfortunately, we were not allowed to take photos of anything except our own items. The exhibit stays up until the end of January.


3 comments:

Pat said...

Congrats on being in the show. I love that picture of you by your piece of art! (I'm not too sure he's winking at ME, though. LOL)

Sandy said...

Congratulations on the show! I love the blue piece that I won on your blog......My hubby has taken possession of it as it is the perfect size for his glasses when he takes them off while watching tv with his eyes closed.LOL
Sandy

Deb D said...

What a great picture - you look good (I like the haircut) and "he" has a wonderfully shaped mouth!