Monday, January 18, 2010

re-arranging






What was I thinking on Saturday, when at 5 PM I started re-arranging the living room furniture? Since I was going out to dinner at 6:30, this was NOT the best time to start pushing furniture around. I did manage to get the big pieces in new places, but re-positioning all the little end tables and floor stuff (basket w/magazines, box with crossword puzzle books, wastebasket, etc.) wasn't done until later that evening. I did finally get everything into place, although some piles of books and magazines were still on the couch Sunday AM. The biggest advantage of this new arrangement is that the couch is now against the wall. When it was freestanding, it slid every time anyone sat in it. My fake wood floor is a bit slippery, and despite having rubber thingies on its feet, the couch slides. Now, it has nowhere to go! My recliner is in a new position, which means that when I sit in it and look up from my book, I am seeing the front wall, rather than the back. Nice to have a different view.

This is the wall with the winter arrangements. The masks are mine, except for the black cat head.

No comments: