Thursday, January 28, 2010

this and that

On her blog, http://www.alittleofthisandalittleofpat.blogspot.com/, Pat suggested we post our fifth picture in the fifth folder from 2005. This is mine. My daughter Kate and the three grandkids on holiday in Ireland. You can tell from this picture that Olivia is the extrovert in that group!


This morning when I sat down to breakfast at 7, it was pitch black outside. However, that didn't seem to matter to a crazy little bird (probably a wren) who was chirping away from somewhere on my deck! I guess he/she wanted me to put some more food out, although wrens don't usually come to the feeders. They like insects, but must eat something else, as there aren't many bugs around in January!

My car is fixed - hopefully for good this time. Of course, there are many other parts that can (and no doubt will) wear out in the next few years. It's a 2001 model, that I hope to keep for 2 more years. We'll see. Because of the scare last week, I have considered a few new car models. I hope in a few years, there will be many more small SUVs with better gas mileage.

As you may know, I am participating in an ATC (artist trading card) birthday swap, set up by Kate. Each member sends an ATC to whoever is having a birthday each month. February had 5 birthday members! I had a bit of a problem mailing mine. I had the ATCs in little boxes because they are somewhat fragile. The post office clerks recommended that I put them into padded envelopes, because the boxes were too small and might easily get lost. Hopefully, the one I sent in January will arrive safely. From now on, I will use the envelopes. My birthday is in March and I am eagerly awaiting a flood of ATCs coming to me.


I'm going to have a cat visiting this weekend. My friend, Lynne, is going down to the shore for a few days and Jill (her cat) will stay with me. I don't mind keeping her, except for having to give her a pill every day. She's actually pretty good about taking it, but still it's a bit complicated. Last time Jill stayed here, she didn't leave the upstairs for the first day. Perhaps this time, she will remember the house and come downstairs to visit me every day.


Yesterday, I booked a trip to Florida in March. My brother and sister-in-law (Tom and Peggy) are down there for the winter and they always encourage me to visit them. I had about decided not to go this year, as my 'working' schedule interferes with my travel plans. Also, I was not finding any cheap fares. However, I had better luck yesterday searching for fares, and since I don't have to buy a new car, I will celebrate by spending a week in sunny Florida. It hasn't been all that warm down there so far this winter, but I'm sure that by March it will be delightful.

1 comment:

Pat said...

Great photo of Kate and the kids...thanks for playing along with my photo fun day! I'm glad the car wasn't as expensive to repair as it might have been and that you saved enough to take a FL trip. WARM weather sounds heavenly right about now.