Wednesday, January 6, 2010

a bargain


I don't usually shop in WalMart, but yesterday I was there getting a prescription filled and had to wait 30 minutes for it, so I wandered around the store. (Generic drugs are very cheap at WalMart and it's much faster than the mail order service from 'the Blues.') Anyway, I stumbled across the fabric department and found fat quarters for only $1.00!! I suppose the quality of the fabric isn't the best (made in China), but for my purposes, it will be fine. Always fun to find a bargain.



The other photos show some of my latest ceramic pieces. I'm not happy with most of the glazes offered at the Columbia studio. The blue and brown combination is a good one, but the greens are not what I want. I think I will concentrate on masks and suchlike, rather than actual bowls and vases for a while. I made two masks yesterday, but they will have to dry and be cleaned up a bit and then be fired and glazed and fired again, so it will be weeks before I can show them.


Another cold day, today. I know it is winter and we should expect cold weather, but I really want to get my outdoor Christmas decorations down and packed away. The wind is still blowing a good deal, as I can see from watching my decorative flags, flapping and swirling around. I am SO GLAD that I bought a nice warm winter coat in December. It's been wonderful, especially as the heater in my car takes far too long to produce heat. Frequently, I am at my destination by the time there is heat. Today, I will wear not only my warm coat, but also my new boots. My feet are always cold, it seems. Today, I think I will be warm in the car!

1 comment:

Pat said...

I figure I am, for the most part, not making heirloom quilted pieces, so if the fabric isn't top-of-the-line, I don't really care. You got a nice selection of FQ's and I'm sure you will make cute things with them....GREAT price, too.