Saturday, January 30, 2010

SNOW!!




It is now 5:30 PM and it has been snowing since about mid-morning. I think it has slowed down now, but maybe I just can't see it as it is getting dark outside. I was out there a bit ago, shoveling sidewalks. The snow is very light, but my shovel is HEAVY! I bought a really good one last year (never used it) when the lightweight one I had got all bent. Anyway, I've gotten my aerobic exercise for today. It's about 15 degrees F outside - brrr. My hands were aching after being out there only about 20 minutes.


I took a couple of quick snapshots. At that point we had about 6 inches. The weird photo shows a couple of tree branches and my car. All you can see is the license plate! So far, the roads have not been plowed in my neighborhood, but the snow isn't really hazardous, as long as one is careful. I wish I could skip church tomorrow, but I have to set up for coffee hour. Anyway, by then the roads will be plowed, so all I will have to do is clean off my car, I hope.

1 comment:

Pat said...

Here the roads ARE slippery, but we are actually south of you and they don't have that much road-clearing equipment in the beach area of Delaware. We must have over 8 inches already and it's still coming down. I hate it!