Monday, February 1, 2010

a new place to shop

At the choir party last night, several people were talking about a place called 'Ollie's'. It's not far away, and today I was in that vicinity, so I stopped in. It's a huge warehouse full of overstocked items - just about anything you can imagine, from toasters to towels, sheets, books, candy, rugs, etc. A fascinating place with very low prices. Of course, one never knows what will be there on a visit, but it was fun to just wander around. The same shopping center has MOM's aka My Organic Market. I love the bread available there, and have been picking up a loaf for myself and one for a friend at the Greenbelt store. Now I know of a closer location with a much bigger and better store. Lots of good stuff at MOM's. I'll go back there when I have more time.

I used my GPS to go to the choir party last night, although I didn't need it as the woman riding with me knew the way. I also had directions from MapQuest. The GPS didn't suggest exactly the same way as MapQuest and my friend, but it was pretty close and would have gotten us there just as well. I know I will really appreciate having the system when I am driving alone, going to a new place. I find it very hard to read a map and drive at the same time! I usually get to a new location ok, but get lost trying to reverse the directions and get home. GPS will really help with that.

The weather report for tomorrow is MORE SNOW! We'll see if that actually happens. Perhaps I will be able to get out and take some photos, if we get a good snow. I took a few photos this morning, but a lot of the snow had already melted. We surely are getting our fill of winter weather this year. I'm glad I'm retired and not having to go to work every day. These photos show the creek behind my house - frozen over.

1 comment:

Pat said...

I've been to an Ollie's once or twice and you can usually find some good things there. Of course, there is also some junk, but it's fun browsing the aisles. LOVELY snow photos. Thanks for posting them.