Monday, February 8, 2010

Enough already!







Don't get me wrong - I really do like snow. It's beautiful, clinging to the trees and bushes. It makes sculpture out of mundane things like automobiles and picnic tables. It provides exercise for couch potatoes. I would not want to live in the deep south where it never snows. Having said all that - enough is enough! Our street has NOT been plowed, although a few in the development have been. We have cleared the sidewalks in front of our houses, but the ones along the county road are snow-covered, so in order to walk anywhere, we have to walk in the road. We are almost snow-bound and are slowly going stir crazy! Here is the path to my front door. The next two photos show my car, buried under snow. One side of the car is completely covered - creating a lovely snow sculpture. The wind cleared the other side off, as you can see.



Patty and I went walking yesterday, just around the neighborhood. We took a lot of photos of snow-covered trees. Patty tried to get close to the edge of the road where it goes over our creek, in order to get some photos. The plow had left a snowbank about 6 feet wide and 5 feet deep along the road. Patty got one leg in, up to her thigh and decided not to go any further. A wise decision, as I had told her I would NOT get in there to help her out! We did get some photos however, and I will post a few.

This is the neighborhood. My house is the one in the center of the photo, with a snowman flag. Last photo is the creek, taken from a snowbank along the road.


Today the sun is shining and perhaps we will be plowed out. As there was during the December snow, there is a good deal of anger in the neighborhood concerning which streets are plowed first. No one, including the board member who lives on my street, seems to know what the criteria is for priority in street clearing. You'd think, since we are paying this company, that we could control their plowing schedule. Evidently not. I don't really care for myself, although I would like to know that I could get my car out, if I wanted to. I feel sorry for people who need to be at work. It's a great time to be retired, although I will miss my regular weekly activities.


















1 comment:

Pat said...

Many places in the country need a break from what has been a rather tough winter...and we are among those places! I hope they are wrong about another snowstorm this week and I hope that somehow it falls apart and never materializes.