Saturday, February 13, 2010

out and about

Yesterday, I drove down to Greenbelt (about 10 miles south) to meet a friend for lunch. Roads were fine, although lanes were a bit narrow in places. The Parkway was mostly dry, except where the sunshine was melting the snow. Parking lots at the shopping center had piles of snow, but enough parking places for customers. I imagine it will be much more crowded today. It's a bit amusing to see all these ads for sales this weekend. With it being both Valentine's and Presidents' Day weekend, it's usually a huge sale weekend. I suppose the stores will be crowded, since our roads are pretty good. However, having struggled with gridlocked streets on Tuesday, I am not planning to shop today.

Yesterday, we had TWO machines (front loaders, backhoes, whatever) scooping snow from our street and piling it up across the street. There is at least 10 feet of snow over there now, but our parking places are no longer blocked in. Probably there is ice this morning, where the snow melted in yesterday's sunshine. I haven't gone out to look. I think Patty and I are going out in a bit. She wants to drop a chair off at Goodwill, just up route 1, and I am going with her to help carry the chair. Of course, maybe the store isn't open. She's going to check this AM. I'm itching to get out again, but I hate shopping on Saturdays, so perhaps will not visit any other stores.

1 comment:

sheilasanderson said...

Just to let you know, your card is the missing one in Kate's B'day swap, it is now a month since my B'day and no sign of it, when was it posted?