Sunday, February 7, 2010

Sunshine!




I haven't seen the sun for two days, so it's a welcome sight this morning. It's still very cold, so I don't expect the snow to melt much, except maybe on the roof. There is a huge, scary glob of snow perched on the edge of the roof between my house and next door. It's hanging way over the edge, just waiting to come down. I hope I'm not out on the deck when it falls!



Yesterday, I couldn't get my front door open as the snow was blocking it. A neighbor who was out shoveling, shoveled his way to my door and freed me! I shoveled my walk twice yesterday, as the first time it was still snowing. Also cleared some of the snow off the deck and shoveled a pathway where I am feeding the birds, and squirrels (see photo).






Later today, I will go out and start clearing off my car. The street that goes through the development has been plowed (by the county), but the contractor we pay to plow the streets has not reached us. I'm not planning to go anywhere, even if we get plowed. It would be nice to be able to drive around tomorrow, but I imagine there will be many places not yet plowed even by then. These little birdhouses were in a sheltered area, so they only got a little snow on their roofs!






1 comment:

Pat said...

Your squirrel-friend looks very cute there! I think I am going to blame YOU for the snow, Kathy....as you were in England and feeling bad that you missed the last storm. NO MORE of that kind of comment from you, okay??? LOL