Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Escape!

They plowed our street yesterday afternoon! Hip, hip, hooray! Of course, this was after several enterprising and energetic young neighbors had shoveled out the 50 feet where our street connects to the main street. (The county plows the main street, but we have a contractor that plows the development streets.) Unfortunately, the plow left a 4 foot high ridge of snow in back of most everyone's cars. I got lucky there and only had a pile about a foot high. I shoveled it out yesterday and am all set to go this AM.


Unfortunately, other than the grocery store, I have nowhere to go. I was hoping my Tuesday AM ceramics class would be going on, but the senior center where it is held is closed. I will go out somewhere, just because I am getting cabin fever here. Also, I really miss my newspaper and hope to pick up a news stand copy. I hate reading the paper online. It's just not the same. I have no idea when my subscription will be delivered again. They could have brought it today, but didn't. Tomorrow, we will be snowed in again, I'm pretty sure. Oh well. I have plenty of books to read! I'll add a few pixs to this blog now. Sunrise this AM shows my car, ready to go. The evergreen tree is about 6 feet high. All that snow surrounding it is from my clearing the sidewalk, piled up on top of what had fallen. In the backyard, you can see the snow piled up on the deck steps and under the deck. I had to put the snow from the deck somewhere, so there it is. .

3 comments:

Pat said...

I am starting now to get beyond the "Oh, isn't it pretty?" stage with this stuff!!! *sigh* I'm glad you are dug out now. We are, too, but the roads in the area are so bad that we only ventured a short distance yesterday for gas in the car and to get a few things from the supermarket. I'm guessing we will now be pretty stuck in this area until maybe Friday.

Doreen G said...

Kathy all that snow is too hard for me to fathom out.
We do get snow in Canberra the last time was about 7 years ago and it settled for about half an hour and dissappeared just as quickly.
I would love to see it but I don't know about living in it.

Sandy said...

We are predicted to get 4-6 inches here in northern Pa. tonight. Glad that you were out a little today. Stay warm.