Wednesday, February 10, 2010

re-run

Here we go again! Or rather, here we do NOT go. Snow started last night, drifting down slowly to leave about 4 more inches. However, this AM it is snowing in earnest! The are predicting another 8 to 10 inches. When the wind picks up, "white out" conditions are predicted. Our street got plowed again last night - a backhoe scooped up snow from behind the parked cars and piled it across the street. We were very glad to see that, especially those folks whose cars were blocked in by piles left after the previous plowing. I wonder if our street will get plowed tomorrow. Probably not. Maybe Friday.

Yesterday, I tried to find rock salt to put on the ice covering my sidewalk. I called around and found that Home Depot had some. It's usually a 10 minute drive to the store. However, yesterday the traffic was not the usual variety. I spent ONE HOUR trying to get to that store! Traffic was at a standstill on Main Street, so I tried the back roads. Did pretty well at first, then gridlock again! When I finally got to Home Depot, (you guessed it) they were out of rock salt! I did get to the grocery store as well, yesterday. Patty went with me, as her car was still snowed in at that point. I got food, but forget to buy Valentine cards for my grandkids. I can probably get out tomorrow, but by then it will be too late to send cards to England. Hopefully, the kids will forgive me.

I really must do something productive today. So far, about all I've done is sort out another bunch of books to be donated. I'm trying to get rid of at least 100 a month. That sounds like a lot, but it's only a fraction of what I own. My tastes in books have changed (no more westerns or pioneer stories). There are many books I'll never read again. The problem is figuring out which ones are 'keepers' and which can be discarded.

No photos today. I'm tired to looking at snow pictures. Tired of looking at snow - period!

No comments: