Friday, February 5, 2010

lots more snow

The weather forecasters seem to have hit in on the nose this time. Snow started falling about 10:30 this AM and is still coming down now (4:30 PM). It's supposed to last all night and until sometime tomorrow afternoon. The flakes are really big now and it's sticking to all the surfaces, even the sidewalks and streets where it was melting a couple of hours ago. It's a fairyland out back with snow piling up on every surface. Each tree branch now has a topping of snow. The birds are coming right up to the glass doors because that's the only place where the bird seed isn't covered with snow. I've been taking photos (from inside the house) as the snow progressed, but will have to stop soon, as it is getting dark outside. So far, not much has accumulated - maybe an inch, so it's too soon to shovel. I'll have plenty of shoveling to do tomorrow AM. This photo was taken earlier. The cardinal and a starling are arguing about whose turn it is on the feeder. I think the starling won. Here's the cardinal again, up near the doors.






The church I attend has cancelled all activities for the weekend, including Sunday services. I think the roads might be ok by Sunday, but probably the parking lot would not be plowed. Anyway, I'm just as glad to be able to stay home. Hopefully, Patty and I will be able to go out and get some really great photos in the neighborhood. Here is another one taken a few minutes ago. The brown lump in the tree is a squirrel's nest. Since I started this blog, we've gotten about a half inch more snow. It's really building up fast.






1 comment:

Pat said...

I am not liking this weather at all. *sigh*