Sunday, February 14, 2010

cabin fever - cured!


I did say in the last blog that I was NOT going shopping on Saturday. Well, I was wrong. Patty and I delivered her chair to the local Goodwill store and wandered around the store for a little while. Not much there that we wanted. However, Patty wanted to go to Michael's, so we headed off to Columbia. We shopped at both Michael's and JoAnn's, looking for bargains. Lots of things on sale. I didn't buy much of anything. Got some more cheap ($1) unfinished birdhouses. Something to fuss around with during the next snow. LOL After that, it was lunch time, so we treated ourselves to lunch at Applebee's. My salad was so large that I brought half of it home for dinner.
After lunch, we came back to our neighborhood and visited our local antique mall. We don't really like this mall because the prices are too high, but it was a fun way to kill an afternoon. I bought a couple of little animal figures and one glass animal - a kangaroo! It was my big purchase for the day, but not a costly one. It was just so good to get out and about.
Today will be a normal Sunday, with church duties (coffee hour and choir). I'm not sure what tomorrow will be like, but I don't think we are expecting more snow. It's a federal holiday (Presidents' Day), but I think the rec center where I teach ceramics will be open. They don't close for most holidays. So the upcoming week will progress as usual, unlike the past week that has been anything but usual!


No comments: