Wednesday, February 3, 2010

more snow







Well, this time the weather forecasters got it right. We did get another 6 inches last night. It's beautiful out there this AM. And not all that cold. I took more photos, of course. Here are a few. I seldom see two male cardinals that close at a feeding station. When we have snow, I sweep off a path on the deck and sprinkle seed on it. It makes a mess when the snow melts, but I like to give the birds a little extra food when the gound is snow-covered. The bonus for me is that the ground feeding birds, such as juncos and white-throated sparrows and even mourning doves will come to the deck to eat. They never use the feeders, so I seldom see them. Lots of birds this morning.

4 comments:

Sandy said...

Hi Kathy,
Beautiful snow and we have none in northern Pa....but you can have all of it that you wish for.
Sandy

Pat said...

How nice to see those 2 males there at the same time and not fighting over the food! Nice photos. We didn't get as much as you.....but I'm still sick of it....and we are getting more on the weekend. UGH

quiltingnana said...

we have snow too...I'm tired of it

Deb D said...

Beautiful photos one more time! I was wondering why I don't see mourning doves in this house - no room under the bird feeder for them to forage -hmmm.