Thursday, January 7, 2010

Brrrrrr

Another cold, windy day. At least the sun is shining. I will be inside mostly - at the hospital gift shop. Wouldn't want to be outside. Yesterday, I actually braved the cold and took down the outdoor lights and other decorations. (At the moment, I have piles of lights and extension cords in my living room). Luckily I didn't have to be outside for long. The fake poinsettias stuck in the flower beds and pots will have to wait for a warmer day. They are frozen into the ground!

Yesterday, I submitted one of my masks to be hung in a show at Montpelier Arts Center. It had to be in a shadow box and this requirement caused some problems. I found a box, half price at Michaels, but the little thingy on the back was not secure enough for hanging the box and mask on the wall. I finally put screw eyes on each side of the box with a wire between them. It was tricky because the frame is very narrow, but I trust that it will hold. The reception is January 15. Hopefully, some of my friends will attend. Another friend, Lynne, has also submitted something - a photograph. This show is an 'all hung' which means that everything submitted yesterday will be hung. It's mostly paintings and photographs, of course. It's really neat to have a work of mine actually on display. Once the display is open, I'll post a photo of me standing near the mask.

3 comments:

Pat said...

What FUN to have something on display at a show. Yes...be sure to post a photo of you by it when you are at the show!

Doreen G said...

Congratulations Kathy--well done you.

Deb D said...

What are the dates of the show? I will be there!