Sunday, January 3, 2010

change of plans

I was all dressed up for church (not that I really dress up for anything these days), planning to have lunch with friends at the Mall and do some shopping afterwards. I went outside and guess what? my car wouldn't start. Actually, I had a bit of trouble starting it yesterday, but then it ran fine, so I didn't think anything about it. Today - dead battery. That battery is the original - 9 years old! I can't complain that I didn't get my money's worth from it! I called AAA and they are here now, replacing the battery. I am missing church, but I can still get all my errands done, assuming that the only problem is the battery. I'll soon find out. The AAA guy has closed up the hood and is in his truck, hopefully he is writing up the bill. Yep! All is well. I'm off to run errands.

2 comments:

Pat said...

I hope you got to run your errands with no further problem.

mumzy said...

You were lucky that your battery lasted 9 years. Glad to see you are back on the road though. Hope you had fun at the Mall.