Tuesday, January 26, 2010

sunrise


I was up early this AM, so was able to watch the sun rise. Wasn't much to see out front (east), but in the back, the sun was hitting just the tops of the trees, turning them a golden orange. Worth a photo, I thought.


Not much happening recently. This is actually good. I've had enough excitement, especially those involving my car! It goes into the shop tomorrow to get the leak fixed, once and for all, I hope!
Our weather seems to be back to normal for January, although it is still warmer than we usually have this time of year. Had a lot of rain yesterday and the creek behind the house was very high. It's very impressive after a hard rain. I didn't get a photo this time, as I have many such photos, tucked away somewhere on my hard drive or on Flickr.


I finally got the ATCs for February made. Not yet posted. I need to get them into the mail, as they are going to Australia, UK, Netherlands as well as places in the US. These on-line swaps have participants from all over. There are 5 February birthdays. The way the swap works is that each participant makes artist's trading cards and sends one to each birthday person in the month of her(or his) birthday. I am trying to make my cards reflect something about the month. This is a little tricky, however, because in Australia it is summer, going into fall in a month or so. So, I didn't send a snowy card for February to Australia, but concentrated on Valentine's Day. My birthday is in early March. I'm really looking forward to receiving my share of ATCs next month. It's like getting a whole month of presents - one at a time.

2 comments:

Pat said...

You are right....those trees did call for a photo. They look very nice!

Deb D said...

Another beautiful photo- Thanks, Deb